Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why is a raven like a writing desk?



"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"
~Lewis Carroll

I finally got to see Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" in 3D.
The 3D was superfluous, in my opinion.
But the rest of the movie was beautiful, visually stunning.
It had the Burton darkness amidst all the Alice color.
It was a very clever reinvention of the movie
and I really appreciated that it was made to be a sequel.
I really dislike remakes for the sake of remaking (i.e. Fame).


Of course, this had an all-star cast:
Helena Bonham Carter
Johnny Depp
Anne Hathaway
Michael Sheen
Stephen Fry
Alan Rickman
etc...
etc...


And I really liked Mia Wasikowska as Alice.
She had a vulnerability and plainness that made her sweet and believable.


As you can tell, I liked this movie.
I thought it enchanting.


Have you seen it?
What do you think?

1 comment:

Griffin and Gretchen said...

LOVED it! and I also loved Mia