Monday, March 15, 2010

Thank you.


Image found here.

This past year has been a bit disconcerting, to say the least.
I feel I have been flattened, kicked, pureed, whipped, tossed, spiraled,
and on and on...
How can someone go on after all this pain?
But then your kind words come to mind,
your strength.
I am not a strong Chicky.
I am terrified of everything.
And at times I feel so alone.
But every time I think I can't get out of bed,
I remember I am not alone.
Not really.
There are many of you who have been through unimaginable pain
and have found the grit and need to continue on in this phase of our lives.
I think about that and I stop the Pity Party for 1.
Your courage overwhelms me.
And it saves me.

Thank you

1 comment:

Allyson & Jere said...

And to that, I say THANK YOU for going on each day. In spite of your pain, having a smile on your face and laugh to share. You are amazing, and CLEARLY far stronger than you ever give yourself credit for! Here's hoping that the next year gets just a little bit easier each day. You deserve all the best!