...though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky,
you'll get by
If you Smile through your pain and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun shining through
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just Smile.
It's been a year.
This realization seems harder to take in.
It means that I have lived a whole year without him.
A whole year.
Because time and the world keep on going, right?
No matter how much hurts.
But I have decided to take January 24 head on, with a smile.
Because Matt deserves to be celebrated.
He deserves a day of laughter, sweetness, love, and Orangina.
So let me start the celebration with some little reasons why I love him:
- he always called his parents once a week
- he always let me take control of the car radio
- he could always find something redeemable in any movie
- he always helped his family and friends with any tech problems
- he always listened
- he always teased me
- he never judged
- he had a smile that warmed your soul
- he wore funny t-shirts
- he loved pop culture
- he was a Best friend to so many
- he loved his video games
- he hooked up a phone handset to his cell phone
- he had a Muppet dance
- he had the best sense of humor
- he loved to read
- he made killer sushi
- he always took care of me when I was sick
- he had the best hugs
- he looked so good in blue and red
- he dressed up like a rock and roll pirate
- he loved his family so much
- he is my Superman
Just to name a few...