Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane...



I read these books when I was in 5th and 6th grade.
Boy, but I loved them!!
I looked forward to our Scholastic Book Order forms!
I would run home and circle every book I would want
and then wave it in front of Mom.
She would then let me pick two books.
My Sunfire was always one of those two books.
They were so romantic and full of adventure.
The perfect read for a little girl with a big imagination.
In each one, we have a girl on the brink of womanhood
who has two men to choose from.
My favorite part is that each one takes place in a significant time in history,
Pearl Harbor, the Gold Rush, the Great Blizzard of 1888, the Revolutionary War...
the list goes on and the adventures ensue.
These books have been out of print for a while,
but little by little I have been getting my grubby little hands on them.
Now I am just looking for two more, "Elizabeth" and "Susannah".
I am seriously devouring each and every book right now.
They are so tender and exciting.
I love that I have them once more.

No comments: