Yes, what you see is, in fact, my Driver's License.
My Driver's License!
But it was a ordeal, let me tell you.
- The lady wouldn't accept my certified copy of my marriage license because it looked like a copy, so I will have to go back later and pay for a new license
- She almost made me take the written test again. I had to argue with her in the nicest way possible to just get a road test
- I had forgotten that my insurance company hadn't been able to withdraw my payment for the past 2 months so I had to call Progressive to get up to date
- It was then I realized I still didn't have proof of insurance because I hadn't received my new cards. I really HAD been driving illegally!! I had a mild panic attack at this point.
- I had to ask them to fax me proof of insurance because I had seen a notice stating I had to show proof of insurance prior to taking the road test
- I then proceeded to wait 25 min for the fax to come through
- FINALLY I was able to start my test, but by this time there were about 6 other cars waiting in line to take their test and I realize I had to pee
- When I got to the front on the line, I realize it is for a 3 pt turn test. The test administrator told me I have 3 tries, but if I hit a cone, I'm out. I had practiced 3 pt turns, but never with cones. Needless to say, it took me all 3 turns (cuz I'm a nincompoop) but I passed that part
- Then I had to wait in line for my actual road test. Chuck, my test administrator, came along and got in the car. He then proceeded to instruct me on where to go
- I tried to chat him up cuz I was a little nervous, but he wouldn't give me anything, so I continued to drive in awkward silence still having to pee
- Finally, we arrive back at the DMV. I anxiously await for Chuck, my new BFF, to pass judgment
Chuck: "Well... you passed!"
Me: "No way! Are you kidding me?"
Chuck: "No, I am not kidding you."
Chuck: "Have a nice day."
But I could tell deep down, way, way, way deep down, he was ecstatic for me.
As well he should be, for a 30 yr old newly licensed driver.
So here I am, a valid license in my hot little hands.
This must be what every 16 yr old feels like...