Monday, April 6, 2009

Pet Peeves!

Ali and I were talking last Saturday about our pet peeves. I thought about that conversation all weekend long. Then sitting on the couch in the living room on Sunday, it hit me:
I am a petty, impatient, and shallow person. I really am! I have tons of pet peeves!
I honestly don't know how I can leave the house knowing that I am going to encounter some cringe-inducing mess. Here is a condensed list of what makes me go "eewwww":
1. Leaving the door open
Do you do this at your house? Com'on, common courtesy, folks!
2. Misspellings
We do have spell check now. How hard is it to click on an icon?
3. People who don't commit to plans.
"Hey, what are you doing Saturday?"
"Nothing."
"You wanna go see a movie?"
"I don't know."
WTH!
4. Orange tans
Really?!
5. Skinny Jeans
only 2% of the population can really wear them right. I, of course, am not one of the 2%.
6. Talking through a show
Occasionally is fine, but through the whole show? Seriously?!
7. Not responding to a text
How hard is it to press a couple of buttons to let me know you are busy?
8. Lipstick that looks red in the tube, but comes out orangey-pink.
Doesn't look good on anybody.
9. Stupid questions/ asking questions I already gave an answer to
Did you miss Listening day in kindergarten?
10. Offering to do something and never getting around to it
Then don't offer. I was fine before, I'll be fine again!
Crap!
I had a lousy Monday.
And a case of the mean reds.
Sorry.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I love this list! I agree with all of them! :D And yeah, what is up with the lipstick coming out a totally different color? NOT COOL, especially when you pay like $8 for it!

Allyson & Jere said...

Well I for one think they are all very reasonable pet peeves, and frankly I pretty much agree with all of them. ESPECIALLY the skinny jeans, ummmm NO! So I guess I'm saying, you're not a shallow, petty person, because if you are, then that makes me that way, and I just refuse to believe it. hahahaha

NJoy said...

I'm with you on the last one especially!!!!! Had a friend who frequently offered or agreed to help but at the last minute always had something else to do or some other reason why they couldn't. Errrrrr!