Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chemo days

Today was My Mister's 2nd day of chemo. So far, so good.
He's looking better and hasn't had bad reactions to it: no nausea, no vomiting,
but he does get tired.
These 1st 5 days of chemo are a 10+ hour process
He is on 3 types of chemo: Displantin, Etoposide, and Bleomycin.
For the past 2 days, he has been put on a process involving
2 hours of saline to rehydrate
1 hour of anti nausea meds
2 hours of Cisplantin
2 hours of saline to rehydrate
3 hours of Etoposide.
Tomorrow, he gets an hour of the Bleomycin as well,
which is the chemo drug he will get on his weekly treatments.
The doc is concerned because his blood sugar levels are really high
due to the steroid that he is on to keep the brain tumor at bay,
so he has been on a diabetic diet, getting at least 3 shots of insulin for the past
2 days plus he will get another blood transfusion tonight.
But, like I said, he's been good so far, taking it like a Champ.
He even watched the Cardinals playoff game today.
I think he got too excited because when Ann and I got there tonight,
he was looking a little peaked.
What's he going to be like in a couple of weeks? :)
Go Cards!
Anyway, that's all the info I have so far.
Thank you all!!

3 comments:

Allison Abbott said...

Thanks for updating your blog. You give so much more information than Matt does! You and Matt are in my constant prayers.

Hey It's Di said...

I appreciate you keeping us posted. I am always anxious to get home from work and hit the blogs and facebook in search of new information and updates. You are both real troopers! Keep your chins up! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Liz I just heard what's going on. You and Matt are in my prayers. I love you both. If there's anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

Love,
Jessica Holt