Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Day!!


I voted!!! For the first time! I feel so empowered! And so Patriotic!


It was great. I actually woke before my alarm went off! And I didn't resent it! Normally I try to sleep as much as I can, but I was too excited! I felt like the children in the Disneyland commercials.:"I'm too excited to sleep!" Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, we made our way to the polls at 5:30 am. My mister remarked that if felt like we were standing in line for Splash Mountain or the Indiana Jones ride, THAT'S how excited we were. For me, because it was my first election, for both because this is an election that will go down in the history books. Just standing in line, I overheard a couple of cute old ladies mention that this is their first election, they had registered in January. So I wasn't the only one. :) And my brother voted this year for the first time as well. Now he really IS all grown up.

This is an exciting time to be alive. I can't wait to see what the future holds.


1 comment:

Kate and Clark said...

IT was my FIRST too! We arent voting virgins anymore!