Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So a couple nights ago.....

My Mister and I were watching TV in bed. He fell asleep almost immediately, but I just couldn't sleep for some reason, so I watched The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Samantha Who? and still not sleepy. I caught up on my dumb soap opera, Fuego de Sangre, a couple of Friends episodes and still NOT SLEEPY! So I figured my Mister should be awake also, at the very least to rub my back (which always works)
So I hugged him tight and said...

Me: I can't sleep, Babe!
My Mister: mumble mumble mumble
Me: What?
My Mister: mumble mumble mumble mumble
Me: (laughing) WHAT?
My Mister: Shut your yapper.

Yes. He totally said that! I froze, processing what I had just heard. And because I am such a mature and grown up woman, I got out of bed in a huff and went downstairs, where to punish him, I watched 30 Rock, the Office, and some infomercial about a super fast microwave-like oven. Once I figured he had had enough punishment (even though he never even knew I had gotten out of bed or was mad at him) I went back to bed.
The next morning, he asked why I had gotten out of bed. (Ha! He did notice) He said that he woke up to the call of nature and I was gone. So I told him what he had done! And then he started LAUGHING!! He thought it was funny that he reverts to Chris Farley in his sleep. Well, how could I stay mad?
My mister is just so darn cute.


3 comments:

Kate and Clark said...

that is amazing! He is farley in his sleep! Uncle Farley!

The Brinkerhoff's said...

That is so funny!!! I love you guys

Hey It's Di said...

It's funny what can come out of a sleeping person's mouth:)

I have tried punishing my hubby by leaving the bed too many times. I finally got over it when I came to the realization that I was only making ME miserable. He was sleeping soundly in MY bed!